top of page
How to Play
1. On the ICEBREAKR game board, start at the cup listed as 'SOBER' in the top-left corner.
2. When it is your turn, roll the die and move your selected pawn to the space that corresponds with the rolled die number.
3. Play the mini-game that corresponds with the pawn landing space on the ICEBREAKR board game. Use the instructions included inside the ICEBREAKR game box to learn how to play the mini-games.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, on your turn, until you have reached the cup listed as 'SOCIAL' in the bottom-right corner on the ICEBREAKR game board. If faster game play is desired, use the 30-second sand timer during steps 2 and 3 (if the timer runs out, the player 'skips' and must drink = end of mini-game or skips turn after roll).
Congratulations! You are now socially awkward-less.
Instructions (order of play)
There are 45 different mini-games, with 22 mini-games being exclusive to ICEBREAKR.
1. SPELLING GAME - Challenge 1 player to correctly spell any word of your choice. Correct = You drink or Incorrect = They drink.
2. NEVER HAVE I EVER - Hold up 3 fingers. Players say "Never have I ever _____", in order, and those that 'have' must put a finger down. Players with no fingers remaining must drink.
3. SIMON SAYS - Give players quick-time tasks to perform by saying "Simon says _____" or just "_____." 1st to not obey 'Simon" must drink.
4. I-SPY - Say "I spy with my little eye, something that is _____" and players must identify what you see using 1 guess each. Correct = You drink or Incorrect = They drink.
5. SENTENCE GAME - Players say 1 word of a grammatically (not logically) correct sentence, in order, starting with you. Assume no punctuation. 1st to hesitate or mess-up must drink.
6. TRUTH OR DARE - Ask any player 1 question that they must answer truthfully or dare them to perform 1 task. If the player skips the 'truth' or 'dare', then they must drink.
7. RHYMING GAME - Players say 1 word that the next player must rhyme with, in order, starting with you. 1st to repeat an answer, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
8. CATEGORIES - Say a category and players must name items that fit into said category, in order, starting with you. 1st to repeat an answer, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
9. RULE OR REVOKE - Make 1 game rule. Rules can be stacked 2 or more at once, or revoked (taken away). Disobeyers must drink when exposed. Rules last until revoked.
10. QUESTION GAME - Players ask 1 question to the next player without answering, in order. 1st to repeat a question, hesitate or mess-up must drink then answer the question.
11. I’LL DRINK TO THAT - Hold up 3 fingers. Players say unpopular opinions, in order, and those that 'agree' must put a finger down. Players with no fingers remaining must drink.
12. ARM WRESTLE - Challenge 1+ players. Players place 1 elbow on a table, grip hands and try to pin the other player's forearm in 30 seconds. Losers must drink.
13. SMASH MARRY KILL - Challenge 1 player. Name 3 celebrities, players or random people as options. Player must select 1 to 'smash', 1 to 'marry' and 1 to 'kill' within 30 seconds or drink.
14. CAPTAIN OBVIOUS - Players say 1 painfully-obvious observation about the next player, in order, starting with you. 1st to repeat an observation (said by any player), hesitate or mess-up must drink.
15. JINX - Ask any player "On a scale of 1 to 5, how likely are you to _____", then 'on the count of 3', you both must say a number. Same 'number' = Safe or Different 'numbers' = Both drink.
16. DANCE BATTLE - Players must perform 1 unique dance move, in order, starting with you. 1st to repeat a dance, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
17. MEDUSA - All players must put their head down, then 'on the count of 3', look up at 1 other player. Players that lock eyes must drink.
18. PICK ANY GAME - Create or pick any mini-game that all or specified players must participate in. Losers and skippers must drink.
19. STARING CONTEST - Challenge 1+ players to a staring contest. 1st to blink must drink. If the contest lasts longer than 30 seconds, then all other players must drink.
20. PARANOIA - Players whisper 1 player-based question (example: "who do you think _____?") to the next player, who answers aloud with a player's name, in order. Players that ask to know the 'question' must drink.
21. 2 TRUTHS AND A LIE - You must tell 2 truths and 1 lie. Players must guess which statement is the lie by show of hands. Players that guess incorrectly must drink.
22. HOTSEAT - Players have 30 seconds to ask you as many questions as possible, which you must answer or say "Skip". For every question you skip, you must drink.
23. THUMB WRESTLE - Challenge 1+ players. Players grip hands, say "1-2-3-4 I declare thumb war" and try to pin the other player's thumb for a 3-count in 30 seconds. Losers must drink.
24. IDK HOW - Hold up 3 fingers. Players say "I don't know how to _____", in order, and those that 'know how to' must put a finger down. Players with no fingers remaining must drink.
25. ‘OLE GOT DAMN - Players must joke on each other by saying "'Ole got damn _____" about the next player, in order. 1st to repeat a joke, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
26. CHUG - Judge 1+ players in 'Red light, green light'. 1st to Mess-up within 30 seconds must chug their entire drink. "Green light" = drink and "Red light" - stop.
27. ROCK PAPER SCISSORS - Challenge 1+ players to compete in a 'best 2 out of 3' match of "Rock-paper-scissors-shoot". Losers must drink.
28. MOST LIKELY - Say "On the count of 3, point at the player most likely to _____", then 'on then 'count to 3'. Player with the most fingers pointed at them must drink.
29. IMPOSTER - Players must perform 1 exaggerated impersonation of another player, in order, starting with you. 1st to repeat an impersonation, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
30. TRAP KARAOKE - Start singing any song acapella. all players must sing the song with you, without messing up the lyrics. 1st to incorrectly recite the lyrics must drink.
31. GESTURES - All players make 1 unique gesture. Do your gesture first, then pass to the next player by doing their gesture, and so on. 1st to hesitate or mess-up a gesture must drink.
32. MUSICAL CHAIRS - Play music. Judge players as they walk around then sit in available chairs, only after you stop the music. Remove 1 chair after every elimination. Losers must drink.
33. JACKED - Challenge 1+ players to rep against. Player that does the most reps of push-up or sit-ups in 30 seconds wins. Losers and skippers must drink.
34. WOULD YOU RATHER - Challenge 1 player to 'choose between 2 scenarios' by asking, "Would you rather _____ or _____, and why?" Player must answer within 30 seconds or drink.
35. STICKLER - Players say 1 fact that they learned about another player 'since the start of play', in order. 1st to repeat a fact, state a fact prior to play or hesitate must drink.
36. WHAT’R THOSE?! - All players must put their head down, then 'on the count of 3', point at the player they think has the least swag. Players that point at each other must drink.
37. TOAST - Players must say 1 shout-out or goal, in order, then all players must 'tap their beverages and drink at the same time'. Players that don't toast together must drink again.
38. BUST A RHYME - Say 1 phrase. Players must give another phrase that continues the rhyme pattern, in order. 1st to repeat phrase, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
39. HOT POTATO - Players have 30 seconds to pass the die to the next player, in order, starting with you. Player with the die at the end of 30 seconds must drink.
40. LAST PLAYER TO... - Say "Last player to _____ must drink starting.... now." Players that perform the task before "now" and the last player to perform the 'task' must drink.
41. SHUCKS - Players say 1 compliment to the next player, in order, starting with you. 1st to repeat any compliments said by other players, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
42. DOUBLE JEOPARDY - Players team up with their gender to give 1 group dare to the opposite-teams' players. 1 dare each team. Players that skip participating must drink.
43. SNAPSHOT - Take a group picture or video with all of the players. Players that don't smile in the picture or act awkward in the video must drink.
44. WHO CAN RELATE? - Hold up 3 fingers. Players confess awkward moments, in order, and those who 'relate' must put a finger down. Players with no fingers remaining must drink.
45. ALPHAGORIES - Same as CATEGORIES, but players must answer with fitting items that follow the alphabetical order. 1st to repeat an answer, hesitate or mess-up must drink.
Play and drink responsibly!
1. SPEED - For every die roll and game, players have 30 seconds (use the timer) maximum to determine any topics, dares or rules of play, or else they automatically lose the mini-game and must drink. Basically "don't take forever to think" before or while playing a game.
2. PAWNS - Every time a player lands on a mini-game space, the player whose pawn matches the color of that space must drink i.e. land on a red space = player with red pawn must drink.
3. COLOR(S) - Players must perform a task for landing on specified colored spaces, or they must drink.
4. ALPHA OMEGA - Half of the players start at SOBER and the other half start at SOCIAL, then try to make their way to the opposite side of the board.
5. CENTER - All players start in the center (at "IDK HOW") and each player chooses whether to go towards SOBER or SOCIAL.
6. LEPRECHAUN - There is an imaginary leprechaun sitting on every player's drink, take him off before drinking or you must drink again.
7. IN BED - Players must say "in bed" after every statement they make. Every time a player is exposed for not saying "in bed", they must drink. This rule does not apply during mini-game play.
8. RIDE OR DIE - All players must select a partner. Every time you or your partner loses in a mini-game or breaks a rule, you both must drink.
9. FUN FACTS - Every time a player loses in a mini-game, they must give an unrepeated fact about anything before drinking, or they must drink again.
10. TAPOUT - Every time you say a player's name, they must drink, but beware, you must also drink.
bottom of page